Mortar Mix 25kg in plastic bags is a quick, easy to use sand and cement mortar suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Brick laying
- Block paving
- Rendering & patching
- Slab fixing
- General repairs
- Grey colour when dry
- Just add water
- Interior and exterior use
- Conforms to BS EN 998-2 Class M 2.5
- Complements all colours of brick
- Quick and easy to use
- One product for all applications
- Quality assured
Ensure any loose material is removed prior to application of the mortar. When repairing pointing joints the depth of the joint should be twice the width. To help prevent the mixed mortar drying out too quickly, dampen bricks, blocks and bases before proceeding. Brush any loose debris from the surface of the area prior to use.
1. Empty the product onto a clean, flat surface.
2. Create a pile of mortar with a hollow in the top.
3. Add small amounts of clean water into the hollow ensuring that itdoes not run down the edges.
4. Shovel or trowel the contents in the water. When all the waterdisappears create another hollow and repeat.
5. Continue to add more water until the consistency required is achieved (approximately 3 litres per 25kg bag). Avoid adding too much water as thiswill weaken the mortar mix and affect the strength and settingtime.
On completion, cover newly laid masonry with plastic sheet or hessian to protect from weather hazards until fully set.
Recommended application temperature is 5° to 25°C.
Brick laying (standard bricks) = 25
Render (10mm depth) = 1.25m²
Block laying (10mm joint) = 20
Pointing (10mm joint) = 125
Paving slab fixing (25mm depth) =0.6m²