We attach great importance to your privacy and we will treat your personal details confidentially and carefully.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our services, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy. If you’re ordering online, you’re also agreeing to be bound by our Terms and Conditions of Website and Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com, or via the other methods on our contact page.
- Who we are
- How do we collect information from you?
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website (www.kebur.co.uk) or by corresponding with us in person, by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
- Buy our products
- Use our services – eg. pre-sealing and installation
- Use our website and order online
- Follow us on social media
- Subscribe to our newsletter
We also collect personal data in order to protect our premises by CCTV.
- What information do we collect and how is it used?
We collect information to allow us to fulfil our obligations to provide products and services, to keep customers informed and to respond to business enquiries. The table in section 3.3 below outlines exactly what information we collect, and for what purpose.
3.0. Sensitive data
We do not gather sensitive personal data about our customers (e.g. health, genetic, biometric data; racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sexual orientation, and criminal convictions). We expressly request that you do not provide any such sensitive data to us.
3.1. Children’s information
Our services are not directed to children under 13 (‘minors’). If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us.
3.2. Third parties
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may pass your information to third party service providers who we have engaged for the purpose of completing tasks and providing products and services to you on our behalf. We also use a number of third party services to help us fulfil our contractual obligations and may provide personal data to third parties such as government agencies where required to do so by law. We disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service as described in 3.3 below. We have written agreements with any third parties who process data on our behalf and carry out audits to ensure they are GDPR compliant.
The following third parties that we use to process data hold data in the USA and are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant:
- SurveyMonkey Europe UC who holds our data may share it for benchmarking purposes with SurveyMonkey Inc. which is US based
- Customer Reviews
|When you…||What information do we collect?||What is our legal basis||Why do we need this information?||Who we share this information with?||How long will we keep this information?|
|Buy our products||Customer contact and order details, payment information||Contract||To quote for and deliver landscaping materials||We may share your contact details with delivery services or suppliers who deliver directly where this is necessary
We share financial information on customer accounts with our accountants and, where necessary with third party organisations such as debt collection agencies
|6 years or the term of any warranty if longer|
|Use our landscaping services||Name, address, order details||Contract||To quote and deliver landscaping services||We may occasionally share your name and contact details with sub-contractors who we ask to comply with our Data Protection Policy
|We keep quotes for 2 years and details of completed jobs for 6 years (or the term of any warranty if longer)|
|Visit our website||See ‘4. Cookies’ below|
|Order online||Name, email address, postal address, order details||Contract||To allow users to order online and retrieve account and previous order details||Data is held on our third-party web host’s secure server||6 years|
|Contact us through our website form||Contact details
|Contract||To allow users to request information from us||Until request deletion|
|Comment on our website blog||Blog comments
|Legitimate interests||To allow users to engage with our online blog content||Data is held on our third-party web host’s secure server||Until request deletion|
|Subscribe to our email newsletter||Email address, IP address||Consent||To keep subscribers up to date on news and offers||Mailchimp processes some of this data on our behalf (collection is via sign-up forms and storage within our Mailchimp account in order to allow us to create and use distribution lists). Click data is shared with Google Analytics to help us track how customers respond to our email campaigns||Until request deletion|
|Engage with us on social media||IP address, social media profile and engagement with our posts||Consent||To allow users to engage with our social media content||Where you choose to use social media to engage with Kebur, your information will be held on these platforms. We use platforms such as:
Hootsuite, which is a tool we use to manage our other social media accounts.
|Until request for deletion|
|Visit our Landscape Centre||CCTV images of visitors to Kebur Landscape Centre||Legitimate interests||To prevent and detect crime on premises||Maximum 30 days|
|Fill in a customer survey||Anonymous survey feedback, usage, device and browser information||Consent||To help us improve our services||We use third-party tools like SurveyMonkey to seek anonymous customer feedback||90 days from the close of the survey|
|Review our products and services||Name, email address, IP address, product and service review||Consent||To help us improve our products and services||We use third party tools like Customer Reviews. We will publish product and service reviews on our website but not any other personal data.||Until request for deletion|
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and what content is most popular. This helps to ensure that our website is responding to your needs in the best way possible.
- WordPress Comments: When you leave a comment on our blog, three cookies are set to store your name, email address and website. This is so that if you wish to leave another comment, you won’t have to re-type this information.
- WordPress User Account cookies: These allow you to access your account details and previous orders when you log in.
- Twitter cookies: These track how users engage with the Twitter feed on our website.
If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To do this, look at the ‘help’ menu on your browser. Switching off cookies should not noticeably restrict your use of this website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We take security seriously. In order to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. These steps include the following:
- Data minimisation
- Secure web hosting and cloud-based servers
- Security best practice concerning devices (PCs, laptops, mobile devices), physical access and storage
- Staff training and accountability on data protection
A copy of our internal Data Protection Policy is available on request.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via our website whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at your own risk, and this risk is specifically disclaimed in our Terms and Conditions of Website.
If you are a logged-in user, it is advisable that you log out of your account at the end of every session and not leave a logged-in account unattended for any period of time, particularly if you use a shared computer or device.
- Your rights
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was your lawful basis for processing the data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
- Access to personal information
If you think we hold personal data about you, and would like to ask us to see it, amend it or erase it please address an email to ‘the data controller’ at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then send you a standard request form. You do not have to use the form, but it helps us to make sure we’ve understood your request properly.
Update your online account details.
- Further processing
- How to make a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Lead at email@example.com or 01252 517571, and we will investigate the matter.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.
- Data breaches
Our internal Data Protection Policy includes a clear process for handling a personal data breach, should one occur. Where appropriate, Kebur Garden Materials or Kebur Stone Imports Ltd will promptly notify you of any unauthorized access to your personal information.