Balau is a hardwood native to Asia and a great choice for decking because of its durability and its eye-catching look. The stunning timber has light to mid browns and sandy red/oranges that really stand out when wet. Like all timbers, if left to weather naturally, Balau gentles down to a welcoming silver.
- Smooth both faces
- Eased edges
- Extremely dense & durable hardwood
- Naturally resistant to insect and fungal attack
3.66m x 21 x 145mm
Other sizes, profiles and balustrades are available to order.
- Simply screw through the face of the board into your sub-frame with stainless steel deck screws, plugging the hole if you need to.
- Always pilot drill before fitting screws and drill 2mm oversize holes. We recommend 400mm centre to centre joist spacing.
- Whilst Balau is an extremely stable hardwood, we recommend that you leave a 6mm gap between each board. This will allow it to expand and depending on the conditions.
- Boards can be finished with a decking oil or treatment such as Easy Deck Protect. To delay the silvering process that strong sunlight causes in any hardwood, choose a decking oil with UV filters.