SAiGE’s Longlife Composite Decking is a low maintenance, durable alternative to timber decking that is child friendly and ideal for families. Choose from Charcoal, Light Grey or Coffee and solid or hollow boards which can be finished with a matching trim. Hollow boards fix together with clips and both types are easy to install with stainless steel colour-coded screws.
- Patio areas, around pools, hot tubs and on balconies
- Outdoor private and commercial use
Decking boards can also be used as a durable option for garden seating.
Why choose SAiGE composite decking?
- Made from 95% recycled materials – a unique combination of wood fibres and plastic from reclaimed or recycled resources which are highly screened prior to manufacture
- 10 year warranty and 25 year expected lifespan
- Child-friendly – no splinters, hidden fixings, free of toxic additives
- Durable – no rotting or warping, better resistance against fungi, mould and insect attacks
- Easy to maintain – no need for sanding, painting or sealing
- Anti-slip surface
- Lightweight compared to wood
- Consistent shape, size and colour
- Easy to cut and install – no need for pre-treatment and cuts like wood
- Suitable for hot and cold environments – heat resistant
Discrete colour matching screws available. Box of 250 (for 6.5 sqm including countersinking tool).
Use one bag hollow board fixing clips per 4 boards.
Joists also available. Ask us for details.
140mm x 20mm x 3.6m lengths
Coverage is just under 2 boards per square metre.
Alternative lengths are available on request with minimum lead time 10 weeks (and minimum order quantities).
Flat trim is also available in all colours for finishing edges etc. The dimensions are 2.2m x 70mm x 10mm
Colours and finishes
- Choice of solid or hollow boards
- Mid-groove with wood-grain effect on reverse
- Available in Charcoal, Light Grey or Coffee
Note: the boards will fade by approximately 10%-15% after installation within the first 2-3 months. After this the colour pigments stabilise.
Storage and installation
- Storage: SAiGE Longlife decking is generally denser than natural wood. On site, it must be stored on a flat surface and must be supported by centres at 60cm intervals. Storing on uneven surface might cause the boards to twist. The decking should be covered for long term storage.
- Tools: No specialist tools are required but for the best results, we recommend using circular saw blades with few teeth (e.g. 8-24, on a 45 cm blade).
- Fixings: We recommend using 4 x 30 mm (minimum) corrosion resistant self-tapping screws as supplied within the fixing kit for use with our hidden fixing clips. If using a power tool, we advise to adjust the tool so that the screws are not over tightened.
- Decking foundations: Please consult your structural engineer for design specifications for an appropriate sub-floor for your structure. Make sure the foundation is flat and stable in order to avoid deformation and dents in the surface and of the terrace. Always maintain the indicated mounting distance. Make sure that all joists are level and centred. The decking must span at least three joists.