SAiGE’s Longlife Composite Decking is a low maintenance, durable alternative to timber decking that is child friendly and ideal for families. SAiGE Rustic Decking boards are perfect for creating the look of a traditional weathered-effect timber deck and have all the benefits of composite decking including a 10 year warranty. Rustic Composite Decking is easy to install with discrete stainless steel colour coded screws.
- Patio areas, around pools, hot tubs and on balconies
- Outdoor private and commercial use
Why choose SAiGE composite decking?
- Made from 95% recycled materials – a unique combination of wood fibres and plastics from reclaimed or recycled resources. These are highly screened before manufacture
- 10 year warranty and 25 year expected lifespan
- Child-friendly – splinter-free, hidden fixings, free of toxic additives
- Durable – no rotting or warping, better resistance against fungi, mould and insect attacks
- Easy to maintain – no need for sanding, painting or sealing
- Anti-slip surface
- Lightweight compared to wood
- Consistent shape, size and colour
- Easy to cut and install – no need for pre-treatment and cuts like wood
- Suitable for hot and cold environments – heat resistant
Discrete colour matching screws available. Box of 250 (for 6.5 sqm including countersinking tool)
140mm x 22mm x 3.6m lengths
Coverage is just under 2 boards per square metre.
Finish and colours
- Solid boards
- Weathered wood appearance with mid-groove on reverse (either can be used)
- Available in Rustic Grey or Rustic Walnut – please note these boards are not stocked and are subject an additional special order haulage fee
Note: the boards will fade by approximately 10%-15% after installation within the first 2-3 months. After this the colour pigments stabilise.
Storage and installation
- Storage: SAiGE Longlife decking is generally denser than natural wood. Once on site, store on a flat surface and support by centres at 60cm intervals. Storing on an uneven surface might cause the boards to twist. Cover the decking for long term storage.
- Tools: No need for specialist tools. However, for the best results, we recommend using circular saw blades with few teeth (e.g. 8-24, on a 45 cm blade).
- Decking foundations: Please consult your structural engineer for design specifications for an appropriate sub-floor for your structure. Make sure the foundation is flat and stable in order to avoid deformation and dents in the surface and of the terrace. Always maintain the indicated mounting distance. Make sure that all joists are level and centred. The decking must span at least three joists.