Are black spots ruining the look of your once pristine patio? Wondering how they got there, what will get rid of them? Try Patio Black Spot Remover and Preventer. Black spots are stubborn and even hours of pressure washing will not remove them. The more you pressure wash, the more you damage the surface of your stonework leaving it porous and susceptible to frost damage and further dirt/grime infestation. Patio Black Spot Remover will eradicate the black spots, and Patio Black Spot Preventer will control and prevent their return. There are specific Patio Black Spot Remover formulas for natural stone, artificial stone and block paving. All are available in either 2 or 4 litre bottles. There is also a 2.5 litre bottle of preventer that can be applied annually.
Patio Black Spot Remover for Natural StonePatio Black Spot Remover is currently the only product developed specifically to remove those hideous ‘black spots’ and restore the natural colour your garden stonework. This product will remove ‘black spots’ from Indian Sandstone, York Stone, Limestone (including Bath and Portland Stone), Purbeck stone and other natural paving stone. Patio Black Spot Remover for Natural Stone removes black spots, and eradicates green and red algae and white fungi growth. It gently cleans the stone whilst reviving and enhancing the original colours, giving that ‘just laid’ look to your terrace, paths and patios.
How to usePre wash the affected area to remove loose debris so the Patio Black Spot Remover comes into direct contact with all the black spots and stone’s surface. Apply on a cool day. If it dries too quickly the performance will be reduced. On a hot day, apply in the evening and allow to dwell overnight. Only apply when the surface is dry, DO NOT APPLY WHEN THE RISK OF RAIN OR FROST IS IMMINENT. https://youtu.be/6Ao097–mXY 1/ Use neat – DO NOT DILUTE – Pour the solution into a pneumatic garden sprayer. Pressurize the sprayer. 2/ Using a fine mist spray apply a flood coat, working in sweeping strokes across the stonework. Immediately after, apply a second continuous pass at right angles to the first to ensure complete coverage. 3/ DO NOT EXCEED THE MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED COVERAGE OF 5 SQUARE METRES PER LITRE. Exceeding the recommended coverage rate will reduce the performance of this product. Coverage will vary depending on surface porosity and profile, e.g when treating sloping areas or riven surface, beware of surface run off and re-treat as necessary to ensure correct coverage. 4/ Allow to cure for a minimum period of 2 hours. In cases of severe infestation or when treating very porous stone allow the product to dwell overnight. 5/ Remove using a pressure washer, ideally with a minimum flow of 7 litres per minute. Use the fan jet attachment approximately 50mm from the surface. Adjust this distance to suit your application. 6/ Re-treat if necessary to remove any remaining black spots or ‘ghosting’. You must allow the surface to dry before re-treating.
After applyingTo maintain your garden stonework and stop black spots returning, apply our Patio Black Spot Preventer annually. This will kill any spores before they have the chance to germinate and will also remove green algae without the need to power wash. Patio Black Spot Remover is quickly biodegradable. The effluent if washed into soil, flower beds or lawn will break down rapidly and not affect surrounding lawns or foliage in diluted state. Keep animals and unprotected persons off the treated area until dry. Ensure this product does not come into contact with fabrics or furnishings. You can also use Patio Black Spot Remover for Natural Stone on large areas of artificial stone where you struggle to adhere to the maximum 30 minute dwell time as outlined below.
Patio Black Spot Remover for Artificial StonePatio Black Spot Remover for Artificial Stone for use on manufactured, artificial stones or bricks. Will also work successfully on external marble, all cementitious based and all pre-cast concrete patio slabs. The same details apply as for natural stone, with the following exceptions:
- The cure time/dwell time should be 2 hours – do not allow to dry out
- It is vitally important this product is applied to a completely dry surface
Patio Black Spot Remover for Block PavingPatio Black Spot Remover is a one off treatment that will successfully remove both the patio black spots and the white spots that ruin the appearance of your block paving, patios and pathways. The same details apply as for natural stone, with the following exceptions:
- Allow to cure for a minimum period of 90 minutes during which time it must stay wet. During that period you will notice the colour being restored to the Blocks. If the area to be treated is in direct sunlight apply in the evening and leave over night.
- DO NOT EXCEED THE MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED COVERAGE OF 4.5 SQUARE METRES PER LITRE. Coverage rate maybe reduced on clay or more porous blocks and will be affected by surface profile, such as a sloping driveway. N.B applying at a rate greater than 4.5 square metres per litre will seriously reduce the performance of this product.
- ONLY APPLY when the surface is DRY. do not apply when threat of rain is imminent or the temperature is below 5 degrees celsius
Patio Black Spot PreventerPut a stop to black spots with the preventer, supplied in 2.5 litre tubs.
- For use on both artificial and natural stone
- Targets the black lichen spores, killing them before they can germinate, avoiding the use of harmful and impractical pesticides
- Also kills green and red algae that grows on garden paths, patios and other decorative stonework
- Can be used with a simple pneumatic garden type sprayer
- Removes the needs for power washing
- Offers complete protection when used annually