Everbuild PVA Bond is a multi-purpose bonding agent, primer, sealer, cement and plaster admixture that adheres to most common building and DIY materials. Ideal for priming unsound surfaces prior to plastering or painting, as an adhesive on wood, cork, textiles and most applications where at least one surface is porous, for general dust sealing on flaking paintwork/walls etc and as a cement and plaster admixture. Fully conforms to BS 5270.
5 litre bottle.
- Greatly improved adhesion to a wide range of substrates including dense concrete, glass, steel, tiles etc.
- Mixes may be applied in much thinner sections resistance to salt permeation.
- Reduced surface dusting of concrete
- Improves flexibility of sand cement products.
- Reduced water: cement ratio for equivalent workability
- Improved frost resistance
- Reduces surface porosity of mortar/plaster
Areas for use
- As a general purpose adhesive for wood, cork, paper, textiles etc.
- As an admixture for mortar/screeds/renders.
- As a bonding agent for screeds/renders to difficult substrates.
- As a primer/sealer in tiling applications.
- As an internal filler when mixed with wood shavings, plaster etc.
• Not suitable for external applications. Use EVERBUILD SBR BOND
As a wood adhesive, do not use as an externally or for load bearing applications.
All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from grease.
Priming and sealing
Where the emulsion is to be used on porous substrates (old concrete, plaster, plasterboard etc.), it should be diluted 4 parts water : 1 part emulsion to seal the surface in preparation for further coating.
PVA BOND can be used to bond plaster and cement renders/repair compounds. To bond plaster, the emulsion should be used undiluted and brushed onto the surface to be plastered. Fresh plaster should be applied before the emulsion dries. The bond strength of the plaster to the substrate meets the requirements outlined in BS5270 (Plaster bonded to glass).
To bond cementitious renders or repair compounds, two methods of use can be considered.
i) Small areas: Mix PVA BOND with an equal amount of water and add this to the mortar/concrete mix (the emulsion exhibits excellent compatibility with cement). When added to a concrete/mortar mix, PVA BOND will improve adhesion and also tensile/flexural strength of the cured concrete in a similar way to conventional PVA bonding agents.
ii) Larger areas: Dilute the emulsion, 3 parts emulsion : 1 part water and brush onto the surface to be coated/repaired. Apply a normal concrete mix before the emulsion dries.
PVA BOND will bond wood in similar fashion to conventional bonding agents. The emulsion should be used neat in woodworking applications. In laboratory test, wood failure was observed in joints constructed with PVA BOND. In common with conventional PVA bonding agents, PVA BOND should not be used for load bearing applications. Alternative emulsions that conform to BS4071 “Specification for PVA Wood Adhesives” should be used for these applications.
General purpose adhesive
PVA BOND can be used to stick paper, cardboard and other similar porous substrates.