Seals, enhances and enriches colour.
EASYSeal Slate & Limestone is an advanced water based high performance sealer using the latest technology to provide a waterproof, breathable, transparent yet durable seal to limestone and slate. Solvent free and easy to use, EASYSeal Slate & Limestone helps to repel dirt and stains and inhibits the growth of moss and algae. For use only on slate or limestone. To enhance other porous natural stone types, use EASYSeal Sandstone Sealer & Enhancer.
- Resists fungal growth and staining.
- Improves slip resistance by keeping contaminates away.
- Protects and waterproofs.
- Transparent sheen finish.
- Quick drying.
Note: The nature of natural paving is such that stone, even of the same type, will absorb liquid at different rates. This varying of density even extends to patches within the same paving slab resulting in differing levels of enhancement. To achieve as even an effect as possible, we recommend two generous coats. The final result will simply be an exaggeration of the stone colours in their natural state.
- For use on ALL slate and limestone paving
- Enriches and stabilises colour, especially black
- Exaggerates the colours of the stone in their natural state
- Clear protective seal against water, oil, grease and stains
- Quick drying – improves slip resistance
- Inhibits the growth of moss & algae
- Solvent free sealer
- Allows the stone to breathe
- Water based technology
Brief usage instructions
- Shake well before use
- Always test a small area before use to ensure compatibility and that the finished result is acceptable
- Surface should be clean, dry and free from mould, algae and efflorescence before applying
- This product is not suitable if surfaces have been treated previously with a silicon or stearate based water repellent
- Do not pour the product directly on to the surface
- Do not use in wet weather or if rain is forecast within 4 hours of application. Ensure the surface is completely dry
- Ideal operating temperature between 10ºC and 30ºC. Do not apply if frosty or when surface and air temperature are below 5C
- Not suitable for totally non-porous surfaces e.g. glazed quarry tiles, engineering brick, or any other polished or glazed surfaces
- Keep pets away until surface is fully dry
- Ensure footwear is clean or wear protectors to avoid contamination
- Clean tools and other equipment with warm soapy water immediately after use
- Apply a generous even coat with a long pile roller and tray or a low pressure sprayer at a coverage rate of 4-5m2 per litre. Do not allow the product to run or pool or the final appearance may not be even in colour
- To increase uniformity and deepen the enhancement, apply a second coat whilst the stone remains damp from the first coat. Timing depends on temperatures and the type of stone. Applying a second coat when the first is completely dry may result in pooling and a patchy finish.
- Optimum performance is reached after 2-3 days. Allow product to cure overnight before subjecting to heavy use – increase this time in cold, damp conditions