As we head into the winter things start to quieten down in our trade a little but despite this business has been relatively steady over the last couple of months. The landscapers continue to install patios and put up fences.
We have been busy redeveloping a large plot of land that adjoins our existing site that we acquired a few years ago. The plan is to use this space to expand our yard space enabling us to broaden and increase our stock range. Hopefully before long we will be able to offer more great garden and building products. After some extensive digging a sub base has been put down and currently the lads are putting in the kerb edgings. Next stages are to address the drainage and replace the timber board fencing along one side with some galvanised steel security palisade fencing. Then finally the hard standing can go down.
- We are looking at purchasing a new sweeper that will be a big help for the guys to keep the yard tidy. We had some demonstration models in the other day to test.
- We have rock salt in stock, temperatures are set to drop over the next month, so stock up ready!
- We have the popular Flagstone Riven Edge Slabs 450×450 in the Old Weathered York Shade on special offer at the bargain price of £2.99 down from £4.70.
- Dom and Sean from the landscaping division have been on a health and safety course whilst Charley continues his landscaping course, all at Merrist Wood.
- Simon from the landscaping division came a superb second place in his banger car race at Wimbledon a couple of weeks ago in his Kebur sponsored car!
- We pride ourselves on service and reliability and this could perhaps be one reason why we now find ourselves delivering further afield. In just the last two days as well as all our local drops in the Hampshire/Surrey/Berkshire border area our lorries have been to Hayes (Middlesex), Waterlooville (nr Portsmouth), Epsom, Croydon, Billingshurst (Sussex) and Chislehurst (Kent).
- Dave, head of the landscaping division has a new blue Toyota Hilux, so look out for this on the roads.
- Finally recent visitors to Kebur would have spotted a new face in the office, Dave’s Jack Russell puppy “Spitfire”, now 15 weeks old.