Almost halfway through the year already and what a busy year it has been so far. A quick update on what has been happening at Kebur in the last few weeks.
- We have added a new lorry to our fleet to ensure we maintain a prompt and reliable delivery service. This will replace a smaller old lorry.
- We have also purchased a 4×4 telescopic forklift truck which replaces an old forklift. This is our first 4×4 forklift truck and we hope it will be able to cope a lot better with the part of our yard which is made of more uneven terrain.
- The landscaping division continues to thrive and they also have a new van.
- Fencing panel shortages continue to be a problem with lead times for certain panels extending to up to two months in the worst cases.
- Brick shortages are also a problem with the revival of the construction industry. A lot of the factories were mothballed in the recession and as a result manufacturers struggle to keep up with demand.
- Our own imported Indian Sandstone has proved to be popular and is excellent value. The 2014 reductions in price of the Honeymede Limestone and of the Smooth Sandstone has also made these great value choices and have therefore grown hugely in popularity.
- Staff news. Yardman Charley is back to work following his motorbike injury. He is assisting in the office and has also returned to light yard duties. There are also a number of new faces, Richard and Jack in the yard, whilst Kevin is splitting his time as a delivery driver and with the landscape division